NCECA has highly qualified candidates for several distinct positions on its Board of Directors. Voting this year will occur for one opening for Director at Large and one for Student Director at Large to be determined through a membership ballot concluding in March in 2020. The candidates elected for these positions will begin their service immediately following the closing ceremonies of the 2020 conference in Richmond, Virginia. Check out information about the candidates and their candidate videos below!
Three-year term beginning on the final day of the 2020 conference and running through closing ceremonies of the 2023 conference. This position is non-renewable.
Serves on and /or chairs committees or task forces as determined by the President; guides and/or supports the work of the conference during conference and year-round (specific projects to be determined in cooperation with the President).
Two-year term beginning on the final day of the 2020 conference and running through closing ceremonies of the 2022 conference. This position is non-renewable.
Serves on committees and oversees special projects as designated by the President or the Board.
Must be at least 21 years of age, enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited US-based institution for at least one complete year of the elected term, a current Student member of NCECA, and be able to travel to and participate in all scheduled board meetings and conferences throughout the term of service. (NCECA’s policy is to limit reimbursement for travel to within the US via coach airfare or equivalent.)
- Serves NCECA’s membership by advocating for student concerns.
- Promotes calls for student programming and critique room.
- Provides support and guidance for the NCECA Juried Student Exhibition (NJSE) in concert with the Exhibitions Director including the following: Identifies qualified jurors, solicits donations of awards, represents NCECA and presents awards at the NSJE reception, provides support to the venue as needed.
- Coordinates student initiatives and programming by reviewing proposals, presenter and critique mentor qualifications.
- Provides scheduling data pertaining to student programming to the Conference Manager for inclusion on NCECA website, app, and program guide.
- Serves as one of the Student Fellowship jurors in the selection of awardees.
Student Directors at Large shall serve as advocates for student concerns and shall coordinate student initiatives and programming. Student Directors at Large shall organize the NCECA Juried Student Exhibition under the guidance of the Exhibitions Director.
- Energetic commitment to NCECA and the field of ceramics.
- Possesses time-management skills necessary to successfully address duties to NCECA as well as personal accountability in their domain of academic pursuit.
- Demonstrates ability and desire to communicate via electronic and social media to engage student audience.
- Contributes to and builds on creative ideas and critical analysis to serve and involve NCECA’s student membership.
I am Michelle Castro. I received my BFA with major focus in ceramics at Midwestern State University. I am currently at Florida State University working towards my MFA. I have wanted to do ceramics since I was in 5th grade; I don’t think I will ever stop.
Brandy Green was born in Missouri in 1994. In 2016 Brandy received her Bachelor of Arts in Fine Art with an emphasis in ceramics from the College of the Ozarks. Currently, Brandy is a graduate student at Texas Tech University due to achieve her Masters of Fine Art in 2021.