Posted by Cindy Bracker, Communications Director
Last year, NCECA launched its YouTube Channel, WatchNCECA. In addition to the official NCECA videos that we upload, we also put out a call for videos from our members to create our first ever NCECA member video playlist. We have now opened up a second call for member videos to create our Winter 2013 playlist! DEADLINE for submissions: October 2, 2013. Scroll down to see the guidelines for entry.
Guidelines for submission:
1. Anyone can submit videos for inclusion on the NCECA YouTube channel playlists.
2. Videos must follow YouTube rules and guidelines.
3. Videos must contain educational content to be considered.
4. Videos that have advertisement or promotion of a product or service as a primary purpose will not be selected. While videos may feature a particular product or service, they must primarily be educational in nature. Example: a video about how to enter a firing schedule into a kiln that is produced by a kiln manufacturer is acceptable.
5. It is the sole discretion of NCECA to determine what content is acceptable.
6. Videos must contain a high level of production quality in both video resolution and sound quality.
7. Videos can be from all genres including but not limited to: demonstrations, how-to execute a process/technique, brief documentaries or topical lectures, overviews of gallery exhibitions, gallery talks, artist talks, and classroom lesson plans.
8. NCECA will not upload any videos, your videos must already be on YouTube.
9. You must have ownership of the video and permission from anyone appearinging it. Process for submission:
The review and selection process will be accomplished through NCECA’s Communications Committee and invited members. Videos should be submitted by October 2, 2013.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes:
1. Your contact info including name, email, and phone number.
2. A link to your YouTube video.
3. A brief explanation of your video.
4. What category does your video fall into, see #7 in the guidelines above.