Are you interested in being a part of the behind-the-scenes efforts that go into producing one of the largest annual arts-focused conferences in the world? Do you enjoy meeting and helping fellow artists, creating opportunities and organizing events?
NCECA is seeking candidates for the position of Student Director at Large (SDAL), to be elected and take office at the 2012 Conference in Seattle. Now is your chance to serve on the NCECA Board!
The Student Director at Large is a two year elected position, open to either Graduate or Undergraduate students. The student must be twenty-one years old, an NCECA student member, a full-time student for at least one full year of her/his term (March 2012 to March 2014), and committed to a degree in ceramics. This is one of the highest honors for a student dedicated to a career in ceramics.
Duties of the SDAL (to be shared equally between the two positions):
- Assist in coordinating all aspects of the National Student Juried Exhibition, including juror selection, contracting, artist support, etc.
- Serve on the jurying committee for student fellowships and scholarships
- Serve on the NCECA membership committee
- Coordinate the Student Critique Room
- Coordinate Student Perspectives, including calling for proposals, leading the jurying process, scheduling and submitting information for publication.
- Attend two board meetings (on location at future conference sights), the conference, and NCECA conference calls
- Support student initiatives and act on the concerns of the student constituency
- Create opportunities and programming for NCECA’s student membership
- Pursue opportunities to create initiatives of their own!
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact our current SDALs:
Chanda Glendinning at 716-474-6801 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Suzanne Lussier at 720-250-8853 or email@example.com
And add the following dates to your calendar:
- On Thursday, March 29 nominations for the SDAL position will be accepted at the first NCECA Member’s Business Meeting in Ballroom 6A at the Seattle conference, from 8:30 to 9am. Candidates must be current student members and nominated from the floor by a current NCECA member.
- On Saturday, March 30 at the 2nd Member’s Business Meeting, each of the nominees will present a 3-minute talk to the membership and a final vote is taken. The new Board members must be at the Saturday Member’s Business Meeting and attend both the Open Board Meeting and the Closed Board Meeting, which follow the closing ceremonies. (Please plan travel accordingly)