NCECA is looking for media-savvy volunteers to populate our social media team. You’d be joining our current Social Media Director, Amanda Barr (that’s me, hello!) in administering the digital/social community of NCECA year-round. If you’ve been looking for a way to get involved, here it is! We want your skills at Blogging, Tweeting, Pinning, Facebooking and more!
Call closes on May 15th, 2015. The chosen members will be informed by May 30th. Conference press passes to attend & cover the 2016 conference in Kansas City on social media will be available to social media team members in good standing who have interest and availability.
The Social Media Team report directly to the Social Media Director, under the advisement of the Communications Director (NCECA board member) and Communications Manager (NCECA Staff). The Social Media Team will meet monthly (virtually via Skype) to develop plans and strategies.
The Social Media Team members will be volunteers, and must be active members of NCECA. They shall receive a complimentary 1-year membership following the successful completion of their term.
The Social Media Director will disseminate and monitor all images, dates and other information amongst the social media team. All members acting on behalf of NCECA and through official NCECA channels will be expected to maintain a high level of professionalism appropriate to NCECA’s voice and brand as a leader in issues central to and surrounding ceramic arts and education.
The platforms and desired outcomes for each are as follows:
- monitoring of all posts to the Facebook wall for content, removing obvious spamimmediately, and if necessary, removing repeat spammers from the group.
- approval of new members for the group, verifying the legitimacy of all requests prior to approval.
- sharing of items from the NCECA PAGE to the Group wall 1-2 days after its initial posting.
- interaction with other member postings on the wall and utilization of Facebook group tools (such as ask a question) to stimulate discussion
- write or propose articles for the NCECA blog
- assist in further development of blog and its usage/mission
- post appropriate ceramics images, develop strategy for posting/reposting
- prolific posting of images during conference with appropriate hash tagging
- sharing information posted on the NCECA Page or Blog in an instagram-friendly way
- re-tweet appropriate ceramics related tweets
- tweet content related to the upcoming conference, upcoming deadlines, and other newsworthy ceramics information from the NCECA Page and Blog (note that the blog and Facebook page do automatically push to twitter)
- build the NCECA twitter audience by following other ceramics organizations and artists
- tweet prolifically during the conference with appropriate hash tagging
- re-pin appropriate images to the NCECA boards
- new pins of work on that appears on the NCECA site or blog, thus linking back to NCECA
- find and follow other ceramics organizations and ceramic artists
- make suggestions for new boards to create on the NCECA Pinterest account
- develop new ways to utilize Pinterest.
tumblr & vine
- monitor existing tumblr identity and develop stronger following
- create vines during the conference and at any attended events that would be of interest to NCECA members
- aid with development of the nceca tumblr & vine accounts – determine best ways to utilize
NOTE BEFORE APPLYING- Please review and verify your membership status before applying for this role. NCECA Membership fees are not included in any event registration. Membership is a stand-alone annual fee. To renew or become an NCECA Member click here.) If your membership has expired, please renew it before submitting your interest via email.
Deadline to email submission: Friday, May 15, 2015
E-mail your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line to read: NCECA Social Media Team
Body of email (or attachment) to include:
E-mail: Best phone:
Statement of Interest: (Why is this opportunity important to you? How do you anticipate being able to use this platform to advance awareness of NCECA as a community dedicated to ceramic art and learning? (250 words maximum)
Previous social media experience: (200 words maximum)
User IDs for all social media platforms in which you are active