When making your travel plans for this year’s conference, be sure to include Saturday’s programming in your itinerary! One of the highlights of the day is sure to be treasured potter, Cynthia Bringle, who will be delivering this year’s closing lecture.
From 10:35am-11:35am in the Ballroom, Bringle will be speaking on the topic of A Passion for Clay:
How do we find our passion? In junior high, I took Saturday painting
classes and later enrolled in the Memphis Academy
of Art to be a painter. In a required clay class, we made pinch pots, coil
pots, slab pieces, and worked on the wheel. From these
beginnings, clay has been my passion for almost 50 years
Cynthia Bringle’s Honors & Awards:
- Life Membership – Southern Highland Craft Guild
- Fellow of the American Craft Council
- North Carolina Award for Fine Art
- Honorary Doctor of Fine Arts – Memphis College of Art
- North Carolina Living Treasure – University of North Carolina, Wilmington
Work is included in private collections and museums, but mostly found in many kitchen cabinets.
You can learn more about Cynthia Bringle at www.cynthiabringlepottery.com